San Marcos Academy was named one of the 30 Best
Christian Boarding Schools
in America by
selected SMA based on several weighted factors, including academic excellence,
extracurricular richness, geographical and demographical diversity, and reputation. TheBestSchools.org is a
leading resource for prospective students seeking a college or university degree.
to read the entire article and view the profile of SMA.
Options for Summer
Students who need to recover
a credit or are interested
in academic acceleration can meet their goals with
SMA distance education courses this summer.
Contact the program director,
Mrs. Amy Nighbert,
as soon as possible to sign up and get started on a summer learning adventure!
San Marcos Academy provides a wide variety of fully accredited online learning courses, with the teaching
excellence and academic support found in our traditional courses. Students can enroll in these courses for
their own enrichment or for academic credit recovery.
We provide two types of online learning:
- Blended Courses: These are also known as hybrid or technology-enriched courses. Taught on our campus by our own faculty, these courses extend learning opportunities by offering both traditional face-to-face instruction along with web-based online instruction.
- Distance Learning Courses are offered to both on-campus and off-campus students through strategic partnerships we have developed.
How can you know which type of course is right for you?
You should select a Blended course if you are already enrolled as a full-time SMA student and ...
- You cannot fit a class into your schedule
- You are on an academic credit recovery graduation plan and need an additional course to your full course load
- The principal has given you permission to be off-campus for more than three consecutive weeks
- You want “read only” privileges over the summer to familiarize yourself with the requirements of a required course
“I cannot think of a thing I would suggest to you that would improve your program. I was quite
impressed with your communication, both to the student/family and to us. This is a huge part of enabling
a student to have success in an on-line program.”
You should select a Distance course if ...
--Private school headmaster, Dallas
- You are already enrolled as a full-time SMA student, but we do not offer the course when it is needed.
- You are already enrolled as a full-time SMA student and are on an academic credit recovery graduation plan and need an additional course to your full course load.
- You are enrolled in one of our partner schools and need the course in a time not offered by your school.
- You are NOT enrolled as an SMA student and want to take accredited high school courses online.
- $399 1/2 credit - standard
- $499 1 credit - standard
Costs must be paid prior to taking a course.
For more information on the San Marcos Online Academy, including a list of available regular, AP and
dual-credit courses, please visit