San Marcos Academy is currently seeking applicants for Recreation Assistants to work with young people
in a Christian boarding school. These are excellent positions for those seeking to work in a Christian
environment that will allow for professional and spiritual growth.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and supervising student behavior on and off campus daily
- Monitoring and supervising students during school sponsored events
- Supporting middle-school and high school students in developing good behavior
- Serving as a positive role model by exhibiting high personal standards through appropriate behavior and attitude
- Assisting in transporting students to various destinations
- Assisting with answering the phone and receiving messages/transferring phone calls
- Patrolling the grounds and monitoring the movement of students that have signed out of their various dorms to ensure a safe and secure environment on campus
- Maintaining the pool
Be available to work an average of 15-22 hours a week on these specific days and hours:
Mon. 3:30 p.m.-9:45 p.m.
Tues. 3:30-9:45 p.m.
Wed. 3:30-9:45 p.m.
Thurs. 3:30-9:45 p.m.
Friday 3:30 p.m.-11:00 p.m.
Some college hours (preferred)
Hold a valid driver's license
CDL and life guarding certification
Around August 1, 2017
$8.00/hour Shifts may include an on-campus meal.
To be considered for an interview, an application must be submitted.
Social media such as LinkedIn and Facebook should not be used to respond to this job posting or
submit documents. Directions for obtaining and submitting an application follow:
An application may be accessed on the
Please print and complete this form and return to the Human Resources Department at the Academy.
You may return the form and any requested documents to the Academy in one of the following ways:
scan and email to
fax to 512-753-8031, mail to the address on the application, or deliver to the main reception desk on campus.